Monday, September 10, 2007

Truth: I hate being bald



Hi, I'm John. 

I've never really talked about this before, but I am extremely self conscious about my baldness. I've been going bald slowly since my 20's, and now I've lost nearly all the hair on my head. I know what you're thinking: big deal. Lot's of people are bald. 

Well I'm actually really self conscious about it. Because of my hair, I don't feel attractive, and being a single male in his 50's who's never been married, it doesn't help at all. 

So, I've been living with this anxious feeling inside that's been gnawing away at me for a long time. My hope is that by starting this blog, I'll be able to get over all my feelings of unattractiveness and anxiety, and actually gain some confidence by "coming clean" about my secret emotions that I've never shared with anyone. 

Thanks for stopping by, 

John

1 comment:

  1. brian09:12

    Hey John,

    Being bald isn't so bad. I've been bald since 23 and it's really all about embracing it and forming a new identity around it.

    ReplyDelete